Under His Wings provides a POST-ADOPTION growth experience for EVERY adoptee, ages 9 and upward! As adoptees read about Moses from the Bible, defensive hearts melt and adoptees realize they are just like the guy who was just like them but went on to be one of the world’s greatest leaders. This gives them hope and helps them to realize that there is a way to get through seemingly impossible sadness, depression, and anger.
• All-adoptee growth groups
• Parents who are mentoring teens
• Adoptive parents and birth parents who want to better understand their child
• Professionals who want a tool written by authors who have walked the walk
• Any post-adoption group that has been touched by adoption
The workbook has four appendices:
• Feelings Descriptor Chart (to help you wrap words around feelings)
• Exhaustive List of God’s Names (to help you identify your feelings about God)
• Time-Line Exercise (to help you make sense of the broken pieces of your journey)
• 12 Daily Healing Steps for Adopted, Foster, & Orphan Children’s Hearts
Sherrie Eldridge and Beth Willis Miller…Coaching Adoptees to Get Strong and Move On
• A twice-reunited adoptee, Eldridge is a straight-shooting, transparent, and compassionate author, speaker, and trainer in the field of adoption. Her books are research-based, yet woven within are poignant messages pounded out on the anvil of her adoptee heart. This is what makes Eldridge unique! Because her books hit core needs, readers review her work with anger or thanks. She takes this in stride, knowing its the price of being a pioneer and that many critics return with thanks. One adoptive parent said she had a beautiful heart because she had the courage to tell him what his daughter might experience. In 2010, Eldridge received the Congressional Angel in Adoption Award from the Honorable Congressman Dan Burton of Indiana.
• Beth Willis Miller is an a reunited adoptee with a Master’s degree in Education, in curriculum, instruction, and supervision. She writes articles at bethwillismiller.blogspot.com on a variety of topics to inspire and encourage others. Her expertise as a creative and critical thinking specialist is steeped in years of experience as a writer, presenter, educator and former Florida Department of Education State Consultant for Gifted Education. She is married with two young adult children, and one grandson.
Author Home Page Link
Link To Book On Amazon
Link to Book for sale via other sites
Leave a Reply