Natural disasters are happening everywhere. Earthquakes, hurricanes, and man-made perils have left communities anxious and confused about their own emergency preparedness. In this unique guide, preparedness and recovery expert Leann Hackman-Carty shows you how to prepare your family, business, and community for a number of devastating scenarios. Gleaned from years of experience with disaster recovery organizations, her specialized insight will help you understand the different levels of disaster preparation and recovery.
Hackman-Carty discusses how to
• understand the types and phases of a disaster,
• identify available resources at your home or office,
• assemble a basic disaster supply kit and emergency vehicle kit,
• know when to activate your plan and evacuate,
• keep your family and employees safe,
• develop a business continuity plan,
• create a disaster recovery plan for your community,
• effectively communicate with other businesses and organizations,
• use local, regional, and federal programs as resources,
• foster community economic resilience, and
• stop a natural disaster from catching you off guard.
No one knows what tomorrow holds, but Hackman-Carty’s advice can help you prepare for the worst. Master Your Disaster gives you the confidence to act calmly and efficiently when the time comes. Your new foundation in emergency preparedness, response, and recovery will make the chaos more controllable—and survivable.
Targeted Age Group:: 25-85
What Inspired You to Write Your Book?
Disasters don’t have to destroy lives, businesses, and communities. I wrote this book because I know there are things we can do to lessen the impact. We CAN do better.
As global citizens, we all need to be more prepared. It could mean the difference between saving our life, keeping our livelihood, and maintaining our quality of life. Governments, emergency response organizations, and humanitarian relief agencies cannot do it alone. We must act now.
I have designed this guidebook to be an easy, practical way for you to StandAPART by:
– Assessing and mitigating your risk
– Planning and practicing your response
– Activating your plan
– Recovering successfully from the incident
– Templating your activity in an easy to use format
Links to Purchase Print Books
Buy Master Your Disaster Print Edition at Amazon
Links to Purchase eBooks – Click links for book samples and reviews
Have you read this book? Tell us what you thought! All information was provided by the author and not edited by us. This is so you get to know the author better.