The Finance of Romance looks at relationships in a unique way, through the lens of finance. The book takes simple, familiar and practical investment and money strategies and applies them in ways to allow couples to invest in their relationship portfolios as they would their financial portfolios.
The Finance of Romance is filled with incredible advice and guidance, personal anecdotes, humor, and at the end of each of the thirteen chapters couples find activities to practice what they’ve learned and expand what they know.
Targeted Age Group:: 18 – 88
What Inspired You to Write Your Book?
I was asked to do a talk about relationships to a wide variety of couples: young to old, poor to wealthy, all ethnicities. So, I wanted to tie the talk into something everyone could relate to. I chose to compare investing in one’s relationship with investing in finances. The talk was a huge success, but I was surprised afterward when more men came to talk to me than women.
It was then that I realized that I was speaking about love, romance and relationships in a man’s language: numbers, finance and data. I knew there had to be a book in there somewhere.
How Did You Come up With Your Characters?
The characters in this book are people I have met through my life.
It may come off as a rather strange concept: investing in your relationship portfolio. But, really, it makes sense. We invest financially so that we will be better off down the road than we are today.
The concept behind The Finance of Romance is to do the same for our relationships. Invest in them the way we would in businesses, tax-sheltered annuities (TSAs), or in the stock market, so that our relationships grows stronger tomorrow than they are today.
The book you now hold in your hands (unless you have only received just this one page, in which case you are either the butt of a lame joke, or someone really didn’t like my book and you have found the remnants of their maniacal tearing spree, either of which should lead you to recycle this one sheet or head over to your local bookstore and purchase the rest of the book) is simply a guide to investing in your future, the future of your relationship. It takes widely popular investment tips from the world’s richest people and the most successful financial gurus and shows you how those proven techniques are also appropriate for your relationship.
Simple concept. It allows lots of folks to finally “get it” when it comes to relationships. Those who think logically versus emotionally, concretely versus abstractly, periodically versus frequently will truly benefit from The Finance of Romance. And, if I am wrong and they do not benefit from this book, you have my blessing to either tear out this first page and give it to someone as a practical joke or maniacally tear the whole thing up and leave the pages strewn about for others to find and eventually recycle.
Now, on with the show. Please enjoy, and read with you mouth closed . . . for the safety of others.
About the Author:
Who is Leon Scott Baxter?
America’s Romance Guru
• Leon has given romance tips on TV, radio and newspapers.
• He is a highly sought after relationship expert on AllExperts.com.
• He has hosted seminars for men, women and couples: Romance 101 and The Valentine’s Prep Course.
• He has spoken with over 20,000 individuals looking for love.
• Leon has written three books on love and romance and numerous articles.
• Leon learned to run (not walk) at nine months. The reason: to kiss a girl on the other side of the room.
• He has been married to the girl he met the first day of college since 1992.
• He was featured on the romance-relationship TV program, Heart of the Matter.
• Leon has been asked to offer romance advice for twenty years.
• The title, “America’s Relationship Guru”, stuck after an editor read one of his books and started using the nickname.
• In ’01 Baxter was recognized as a KLITE Community Hero, and was honored by Ben & Jerry’s Ice Cream as a “Citizen Cool” for his work with children and their focus for academic and personal improvement.
• He’s listed in Who’s Who in America.
• In 2006 Leon Scott Baxter’s name was placed on the National Wall of Tolerance for taking a stand against, hate, injustice and intolerance.
• In high school, Baxter was voted “Most Likely to Host Saturday Night Live By 1999″ (unfortunately, he disappointed the class of ’87).
Links to Purchase Print Books
Link to Buy The Finance of Romance Print Edition at Amazon
Link to Buy The Finance of Romance Print Edition at Barnes and Noble
Link to The Finance of Romance Print book for sale via other sites
Links to Purchase eBooks
Link To Buy The Finance of Romance On Amazon