Damien Diecke is a dating coach, corporate trainer and life coach who runs courses, workshops and seminars worldwide. He is also heavily involved in ‘men’s work’ showcasing what it means to be a man in today’s society and recently started coaching women on how to attract the right man. Just a few years ago, he was an extreme example of the average frustrated chump freshly dumped and suffering from severe generalized anxiety. Today, he is a living example of what he teaches. He went from using hit-and-miss techniques with unpredictable results to having a clear strategy to attracting any woman he wants. Sincere Seduction reveals how he and others who follow the principles of Honesty & Integrity use simple tactics and loopholes to get the women from approaching, talking, attracting to dating—seamlessly with complete control.
What inspires you to write?
What inspired me to write this book was a great support network and a new years resolution. I promised myself I would finish writing a book this year. I amazed myself when I wrote a 70K word book in 19 days. Everyone said it couldn’t be done – I made it happen.
Tell us about your writing process.
As a dating coach for several years, I already had plenty of material lying around. What I did was take all the blog posts I’ve ever written, created chapters each blog post could potentially go into, then just copied and pasted the all blog posts and articles in a word document. This turned out to be 50K word document. Once I did this, I edited most of the document and ended up with a 12K document that included just the points I needed to make in the book. Then I went ahead and elaborated on each point, adding in case studies and worksheets to end up with a 70K word book. I think it’s too hard to start from 0 words and end up with a book. Starting with a crap silhouette of a book was much better or me and meant that writing a full length book just wasn’t as much of a hurdle. Hope this helps someone!
What advice would you give other writers?
Start with a silhouette of what you want to write. Then dedicate a certain amount of time each day making it happen. The best piece of advice I ever got was to site down in front of my computer at the same time each day and make a commitment to write for 20 minutes each day. The point is to create consistency of writing daily as opposed to the length of time that you write. Sometimes you’ll only write for 20 minutes but sometimes you’ll get carries away and write for 2 hours. Whatever happens is organic but the process of consistent writing still exists. This is how you finish something.
How did you decide how to publish your books?
I decided to publish on Amazon because I like the control of being a self published author. I worked hard at creating a book but I know that this is merely 10% of the journey. The other 90% is getting the book into the hands of the people that want it. I like the journey of marketing so Amazon seemed like a good fit for me.
What do you think about the future of book publishing?
I believe the publishing future is bright. It opens the door to anyone being able to write a piece of literature and be able to make a mark on the world. The playing field is levelled and as a result, the readers become the winners. As an author, I think books will more heavily become a method of marketing as opposed to an income strategy. Either way, I’m excited to find out – no need to cry about it, we just need to adapt and we will 🙂
What do you use?
Professional Editor, Professional Cover Designer
What genres do you write?
non fiction, health, fitness and diet, men’s health. dating
What formats are your books in?
Both eBook and Print
Your Social Media Links