About the Book
This therapeutic technique has helped Lady Gaga and Selena Gomez get through the toughest times in their lives. Here’s how it can help you too.
Your teenage years are a time of great change and new experiences as you transition into adulthood.
You’re undergoing profound changes in your body, facing more challenging ordeals, and feeling deeper emotions, you may not have felt before.
On top of that are the stresses of school, the complications of teenage relationships and the
It can feel overwhelming to be a teen, and sometimes things can get to be too much for you.
Whether you’re feeling hurt, stressed, insecure, angry, anxious, or lonely, know that you don’t have to go through it alone.
You can always turn to your parents, friends, teachers, and mentors for advice, support, and assistance.
But aside from outside help, you can also take actions to help yourself deal with the pressures of teenage life.
One of the most effective ways is Dialectical Behavior Therapy or DBT.
It is a form of cognitive-behavioral therapy that can aid those struggling with various issues such as depression and anxiety, anger outbursts, frequent mood swings, and more.
With this workbook, you’ll learn to develop useful skills to help you respond better to difficult and stressful experiences.
In A Practical DBT skills Workbook for Modern Teens and Adolescents, here is just a fraction of what you will discover:
● A helpful overview of DBT, how it works, and how it can improve your relationships and transform your life
● The 4 core components of DBT and how each can contribute to your mental health and wellbeing
● How you can change the way you feel no matter what situation you find yourself in using the Self-Soothe method
● 101 Fun and productive exercises (Self-help Worksheets) to help you develop the DBT skills you need to cope effectively with challenging situations
● Emotion regulation techniques that give you more understanding of and control over your emotions
● How to apply GIVE skills to enhance the quality of your relationships and deal with conflicts
● How to use Distress tolerance skills to improve your daily habits
● Step-by-step 30-60-90-day plan to improve your communication and relationships
Download book here