What inspired you to write your book?
Writing down great recipes from family gatherings around a grill inspired me. I have kids of my own, my parents visit often- making good food for good times is instilled in my family, and I wanted to share it with others.
About your Book:
Looking for a quick, easy and gluten free breakfast? Look no further!
Breakfast seems to be one of the toughest meals for those new to a gluten-free diet. Many people new to the lifestyle wonder about the various options, what is available and what is easy. Yet once you realize all the naturally gluten-free options there are plus what recipes you can easily recreate yourself, the possibilities for a healthy, filling breakfast are infinite.
Cuisine Style or Food Genre
Gluten Free Breakfasts
Sample Recipe or Food Advice
Quinoa Breakfast Skillet
Yield: 4 Servings
4 slices thick-cut bacon, chopped
1 small sweet potato, chopped
1/2 red onion, chopped
1/2 red pepper, chopped
1/2 green pepper, chopped
1 cup sliced mushrooms, chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 cup uncooked quinoa, rinsed
1 cup low-sodium vegetable or chicken stock (or water)
4 eggs, cooked your desired way
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add bacon. Cook until fat is rendered and bacon is crispy. Remove bacon with a slotted spoon and place on a paper towel to drain.
2. Reduce heat to medium-low and add sweet potato, onions, peppers, mushrooms and garlic to the skillet, tossing to coat. Cover and cook for 5-6 minutes, stirring once or twice, until soft.
3. Add uncooked quinoa to vegetables and stir for 1-2 minutes, allowing it to lightly toast.
4. Pour in stock or water and bring the mixture to a boil. Immediately reduce to a simmer, cover and cook for 15 minutes until quinoa is cooked through.
5. While quinoa is cooking, prepare eggs as you’d desire.
6. Serve warm quinoa in bowls topped with eggs and cooked bacon.
What formats are your books in: eBook
How do you see writing a food/cookbook as different from writing other genres of books?
Trial and error of recipes takes time and patience. Then to write a recipe that the general population can recreate at home can be difficult. There is a dialogue between author and reader that needs to guide and teach, while at the same time inspire.
How did you decide how to publish your book and where is it published through:
I published through Amazon’s Kindle Direct Publishing- it was easy to do, and with such a large audience, I hope to share my family favorite recipes.
Family, Friends, and Food are the three most important aspects of my life.
Link To Book On Amazon